BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for San Diego's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a Logistics Assistant to work for a leading San Diego biotechnology company.
- Collaborate with the vendors and internal personnel to coordinate shipping activities and resolve any logistics issues
- Assisting cross functional support: procurement of supply, software, special shipment of goods and samples, etc.
- Handles daily domestic, import and export process and documentation
- Provide shipping status and order visibility information as required to both internal and external clients, monitoring ship information, closing of shipped orders, order status, etc
- Schedule outgoing shipments with approved carriers to successfully meet ship dates
- Prepare accurate air waybills and arranging for necessary shipping documentation
- Conduct analysis on shipping quality incidents as needed
- Provide routing information to ensure that delivery times and locations are coordinated
- Arrange for storage facilities when required
- Purchase order tracking and management
- Assist with establishing SOPs for purchasing and logistics functions
- Use the searching engine to compare vendor qualification and pricing before process PO
- Requires 1-2 years of administration experience.
- Logistics experience is a plus (import/export)
- Excellent attention to detail skills
- Proactive in approach to work, identifying potential issues well in advance and bringing them to the attention of appropriate personnel for resolution
- Ability to work independently and on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent organizational skills, sufficient to multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence across multiple functions.
- Physically able to lift 30 lbs.