BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for San Diego's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a Production Associate to work for a leading San Diego biotechnology company.
- Inventory lab supplies, consumables, chemicals, reagents
- Receive stock items and replenish to proper stocking areas
- Stock laboratories from common stock area
- Clear all sink areas of glassware, bottles, fittings, etc. o Clean and rinse glassware, bottles, fittings, etc.
- Clean incubators and biosafety cabinets.
- Remove all trash from lab areas.
- Prepare items for sterilization, to include autoclaving and dry heat depyrogenation.
- Prepare solutions:
- Buffers, media
- Aliquot solutions, including aseptically aliquoting sterile reagents
- Assay solutions for pH, osmolarity.
- Assist with plumbing of bioprocessing equipment.
- Clean and refill water baths:
- Refill water pans in incubators
- Refill carboys with distilled water in labs
- Assist with cell culture work. Duties may include splitting cells, cell counting, bioreactor sampling.
- Assist with sample/product analysis:
- Sampling raw materials for analysis
- Running SDS-PAGE (coomassie gels, Western blots)
- Nova biochemistry analysis
- Spectrophotometric assays.
- BS with 1+ year industry experience
- Buffer prep experience
- Any downstream experience is beneficial