BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for San Diego's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a Logistics Specialist to work for a leading San Diego biotechnology company.
This position will be responsible for scheduling shipments, and maintaining relationships with carriers. They may act as the liaison with both internal and external customers/vendors. In addition, the Logistics Specialist may take on more responsibilities with the day to day operations and shipping. The objective of the Logistics Specialist is to ensure proper global shipping of samples and desired shipping dates.
- Collaborate with the vendors and internal personnel to coordinate shipping activities and resolve any logistics issues
- Communicate with customers on project sample readiness, shipment status, sample deadline alert; TT4 alert and data compliance
- Assisting cross functional support: procurement of supply, software, special shipment of goods and samples, etc.
- Handles daily domestic, import and export process and documentation
- Inventory management and summary report
- Provide shipping status and order visibility information as required to both internal and external clients, monitoring ship information, closing of shipped orders, order status, etc
- Schedule outgoing shipments with approved carriers to successfully meet ship dates
- Prepare accurate air waybills and arranging for necessary shipping documentation
- Conduct analysis on shipping quality incidents as needed
- Provide routing information to ensure that delivery times and locations are coordinated
- Arrange for storage facilities when required
- Purchase order tracking and management
- Assist with establishing SOPs for purchasing and logistics functions
- Take the lead of long term suppliers development, agreement review, periodical performance assessment to secure competitive advantage and sustainable supply
- 2 - 5 years of relevant global logistics experience, which includes 1- 3 + years within the Biotech/Pharmaceutical Industry
- Familiar with Oracle
- Excellent attention to detail skills
- Proactive in approach to work, identifying potential issues well in advance and bringing them to the attention of appropriate personnel for resolution
- Ability to work independently and on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent organizational skills, sufficient to multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence across multiple functions.
- Physically able to lift 30 lbs.