BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for San Diego's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a Chemist to work for a leading San Diego biotechnology company.
This function is to develop peptide manufacture process, manufacture GMP material and perform related activities. Must be open to working alternating shifts 1st 6am start, 2nd 10am start and possible weekends if necessary.
- Perform synthesis process including solution phase and solid phase peptide synthesis, peptide resin cleavage, resin cleavage with HF or other chemical cocktails
- Perform purification process by chromatography, crystallization and other techniques, and in-process test method
- Follow approved GMP manufacture directions such as Master Batch Records, Standard Operation Procedures, Standard Test Procedures and other procedures to manufacture GMP materials, perform in-process test, package the product including other related activities
- Perform project-planning and initiate raw material order-request. Receive raw materials, coordinate with QA/QC and Material Management for material release and monitor raw material inventories
- Install, test equipment, operate and maintain equipment for manufacturing and in-process testing. The equipment includes analytical HPLC and prep HPLC system, lyophilizers, balances, reactors, HF cleavage equipment, diafiltration systems, water purification systems, oven, washing systems and others used in manufacturing
- May work with hazardous materials and chemicals
- BS degree in Chemistry or related disciplines
- 3-5 years’ work experience
- Experience with HPLC and chromatography
- Exhibit detail oriented documentation skills
- Ability to effectively organize, multitasks, and works in a fast-paced, deadline driven work environment.
- Basic computer knowledge, including Microsoft word and excel (used daily)
- Communicate effectively and ability to function well in a team environment