BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for San Diego's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a Histotechnician to work for a leading San Diego biotechnology company.
Under general supervision, prepares microscopic tissue slides for diagnostic/research purposes; performs tissue stains to assist in diagnosis; handles specimen accessioning; maintains laboratory and equipment.
- Prepares microscopic slides on human/animal tissue for research/diagnostic purposes; includes processing, embedding, microtomy, and mounting to include both paraffin processed tissue and frozen sectioning.
- Performs histochemical and immunohistochemical stains on a variety of tissues to assist in diagnosis.
- Processes specimen accessioning to include all manual and computerized data entry.
- Prepares and maintains all necessary reagents, including stains, alcohols, and paraffins according to proper specifications.
- Maintains laboratory, equipment
- Maintains daily laboratory notebook
- Associate’s degree; HT(ASCP) Histotechnican certification preferred.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of operation of general laboratory and automated IHC equipment
- Understanding of general research concepts
- Interpersonal/human relations skills
- Computer data entry
- Proficiency in algebraic equations
- Ability to approach problems/decisions analytically
- Ability to maintain records
- Ability to use microscope, cryostat, tissue processors, and stainers
- Ability/willingness to adhere to the established departmental service standards
- Ability to be proactive and successful in an intense work environment