Materials Management Associate
Receiving / Materials Management Associate
MISSION: Responsible for all receiving and inventory functions
STATUS: Non exempt
- Receive all materials under the company Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintain all receiving records, such as packing lists, goods returned for replacement or repair and keep receiving log for all materials.
- On received goods, check and count all items unloaded from cars, trucks or trailers. Check suppliers’ count and report discrepancies to carrier.
- Follow internal procedures for labeling, storage and routing of incoming goods.
- Route all receipts and paperwork to appropriate departments, notify ordering parties upon receipt of goods and transport to the appropriate designated area.
- Initiate quality control paperwork on all GMP received materials.
- Collect information for damage claims on in-transit damage.
- Enter all receiving information into accounting/ERP software.
- Assist in the design, assembly, and installation of specialized systems, equipment and infrastructure, as needed.
- Participate in the HAZWOPER program
- Represent company with a high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Adhere to company policies and SOPs and support management decisions in a positive, professional manner.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Assist Logistics Department as needed.
2. Perform other duties as assigned.
Work areas are generally inside, in a climate-controlled environment with moderate to high background noise.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing or in person.
- Accurate typing/keyboarding skills; solid computer skills, including the use of word processing and spreadsheet software applications (i.e. accounting)
- Basic knowledge of chemistry.
- Knowledge of safety guidelines and operating procedures.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good time-management, problem prevention, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; ability to motivate self.
- Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Possess a work ethic that includes neatness, punctuality, and accuracy.
- Background in science and experience with shipping/receiving chemicals preferred
- Experience with accounting and spreadsheet software.
- HAZWOPER experience a plus.