BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for San Diego's Scientific community. We are currently looking for an Assoc. Scientist/Scientist to work for a leading San Diego biotechnology company.
This position is on the R&D team to support the advancement of novel therapeutics for the treatment of cancer. Ideal candidates will have a broad range of cellular and molecular biology skills. This person will work independently to perform experiments to evaluate drug mechanism of action and develop/validate diagnostic assays for patient biomarker assessment.
- Perform experiments using a variety of methods such as western blotting, ELISA, flow cytometry and qPCR
- Perform tissue culture of immortalized cell lines and primary cell cultures
- Conduct experiments to evaluate mechanisms of drug action in vitro and ex vivo
- Evaluate, optimize and/or develop new protocols
- Analyze data and report results to supervisor and R&D group
- BS/MS in Biology, Molecular Biology or related field and 5+ years’ experience or PhD with postdoc or 1-2 years’ industry experience.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in the following: mammalian tissue culture, western blotting, ELISA, qPCR, cell-based assays, and flow cytometry.
- Familiarity with molecular Biology techniques including real-time PCR, ddPCR, and Next Gen Sequencing.
- Capable of working independently on experimental design, execution, and analysis.
- Team-oriented, flexible and self-motivated; ability to perform well in a start-up like environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to present data in PowerPoint presentations.
- Evaluation of biomarker status in patient samples from clinical trials using either molecular biology techniques (NGS, microarray) or antibody-dependent methods (western blotting, ELISA, phospho-specific flow) is highly desired.
- Experience isolating nucleic acids from biological sources such as blood or tissue is a plus.
- Hands-on experience isolating PBMCs or blasts from human blood is a plus.