BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for San Diego's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a Scientific Associate to work for a leading San Diego biotechnology company.
- Assist the Associate Scientists and Scientists with the technical transfer of downstream manufacturing processes from clients and between Process Development and Manufacturing groups.
- Assist in scale-up calculations for varying scales of the process – up to cGMP scale.
- Assists in the purification of proteins to support lead generation/optimization and preclinical studies.
- Assists in producing purified proteins under cGMP standards for production of clinical trial materials as necessary.
- Weighs, measures and checks raw materials to assure proper ingredients and quantities.
- Prepare solutions:
- Buffers, media
- Aliquot solutions, including aseptically aliquoting sterile reagents
- Assay solutions
- Prepare items for sterilization, to include autoclaving and dry heat.
- Assist with sample/product analysis:
- Sampling raw materials for analysis
- Running SDS-PAGE (coomassie gels, Western blots)
- Nova biochemistry analysis
- Spectrophotometric assays
- Assist manufacturing in protein purification and manufacturing of final products.
- Assists manufacturing in production-scale operations.
- Proper documentation of observations and collecting data for analysis.
- Conduct activities in support of production schedules and objectives as directed by senior staff.
- Orders process materials needed for varying scales of the process with consideration of scale-up calculations.
- Maintains records to comply with good documentation practices and assist with in-process testing.
- Maintains records to comply with regulatory requirements and assists with in-process testing.
- Obtains and stocks supplies as directed.
- Maintain proper laboratory cleanliness and organization
- Adhere to all safety standards and protocols
- Operates to the highest ethical and moral standards.
- Complies with company policies and procedures.
- Adheres to quality standards set by regulations and company policies, procedures and mission.
- Communicates effectively with supervisors, colleagues and subordinates.
- Ability to participate effectively as a team player in all aspects of the business.
- Demonstrated administrative leadership with knowledge-based expertise in related areas that can be applied to meeting company strategic goals.
- Travels as needed to attend professional conferences, train on new technologies, and execute process transfer in support of clients.
- BA/BS degree in a science related field that included laboratory work in a chemistry, biology, chemical engineering or related field plus 1-3 years of relevant experience in a cGMP manufacturing/laboratory environment.
- Basic knowledge of protein purification.
- Skilled with and single-use technologies.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and to maintain accurate records and notes.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize and successfully perform multiple tasks.
- Skills in problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Ability to safely operate production equipment in accordance with established practices.