BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for San Diego's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a Genetics Scientist to work for a leading San Diego biotechnology company.
The Genetics Scientist is responsible for supporting R&D activities by developing scientific content for new products. The Genetics Scientist has overall responsibility for surveying the published scientific literature to develop, maintain, and update content for genetic testing products.
- PhD in biological sciences
- 2-5 years of postdoctoral experience in genetics, molecular biology or related fields.
- Broad human genetics and molecular biology experience is required.
- Assisting in the development of new test content.
- Identify genetic markers and corresponding phenotypes for reporting.
- Develop criteria for marker selection and develop risk algorithms.
- Conduct quality control of algorithms for new and updated products
- Writing of reviews for specific genetic traits, drug responses, or clinically relevant diseases.
- Deep knowledge of human genetics, next generation sequencing, aCGH microarray, genotyping experience preferred.
- Curate and update data (such as alleles, odds ratio, population characteristics) extracted from public and proprietary databases.
- Classify clinical genetic variants and identify associated risk.
- Highly motivated and successful individual to work in a fast-paced team environment and maintain positive and helpful interactions within and beyond the laboratory teams.
- Excellent writing skills and keen attention to detail.
- Outstanding time management, and organizational skills.
- Prior exposure to CLIA/CAP laboratory requirements highly desirable.
- Project management experience and ability to adapt to changing priorities a plus.
- Adhere to laboratory policies, safety procedures and standard operating procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of customer and patient information.
- Must have good communication skills to interact in a team environment as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Prioritize tasks by understanding the relative importance and urgency of each task. Function at a high level and accomplish tasks that require departmental effort to meet demanding timelines and workloads.
- Provides guidance to junior staff in lab
- Any other tasks assigned that this person is qualified to perform