BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for San Diego's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a Scientist to work for a leading San Diego biotechnology company.
The Analytical Scientist will be responsible for independently performing analytical method development activities. The Scientist will also support formulation, mentor junior scientists, bring technology and training to the department and help establish and drive toward project timelines.
- Responsible for analytical test methods development
- Performs development stability studies and studies in response to FDA information requests.
- Correctly executes development activities as defined by senior scientific staff or management. Initiates and designs studies, as appropriate.
- Applies basic scientific principles, technology and regulatory knowledge with minimal guidance
- Performs literature searches and extracts relevant information from published information
- Demonstrates the ability to interpret outcome of experiments and to propose appropriate follow-up experiments
- Communicates own work effectively orally and in writing. Contributes and/or prepares protocols, testing procedures, and technical reports.
- Reports and treats data with a high level of integrity and ethics
- Thoroughly and accurately documents experimental activities in laboratory notebooks.
- Experience in hands on analytical methods development in a pharmaceutical environment.
- Level may be adjusted based on education and experience levels. BS degree in a scientific discipline (chemistry preferred) MS, PhD a plus, with 3-10 years of minimum relevant experience.
- Proficiency in HPLC and GC instrumentation and software is preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel, technical writing, and multi-tasking.