BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for San Diego's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a RA to work for a leading San Diego biotechnology company.
This position is with an early-stage life sciences company, focusing on cell based immunotherapy. The candidate is expected to integrate knowledge from immunology, oncology and synthetic biology to develop various innovative technologies and approaches in a fast-paced discovery/development environment to support translational clinical studies. The title of the position will be based on the candidate's experience; it is a long-term Contract, with a possibility of conversion.
- MS/BS in immunology, cell and molecular biology, biotechnology, biochemistry, genetics or any other relevant areas with applied research experience in the fields of immunology, oncology, cancer immunotherapy, synthetic biology. Industry experience preferred.
- Experience in mammalian cell culture, cell transduction/transfection techniques, and analysis
- Proficiency in a wide range of immunological laboratory techniques
- Hands-on experience with primary human immune cell isolation and culture (T cell, NK cell, etc.)
- FACS based analysis and cell sorting
- Experience with cytoxicity assays (ADCC, CDC, etc.) and cytokine release assays6. Hands-on experience with lentiviral transduction
- Experience in basic molecular biology including standard cloning techniques, vector design, sequence analysis, DNA and RNA extraction, PCR, RTPCR and quantitative PCRs, genomic DNA and total RNA preparation and handling, cDNA library preparation, and protein characterization skills (SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, ELISA)
- Experience with in-vivo studies (xenograft models, etc.) is a plus
- Experience in synthetic biology/protein engineering and library design/screening is a plus
- Analytical, detail-oriented, organized, efficient, problem-solver, adaptable, independent but also works well in a cross-functional team