- PhD level education
- Highly experienced skill set related to biostatistics, preferably in metagenomics. This includes expertise with statistical modeling, linear and multiple regressions, power and effect size calculations, and nonparametric distance-based testing. Candidate should be highly proficient at performing analysis and scripting in R and Python with a track record of testing out new methods with minimal guidance.
● Design, refine, and execute on the company platform to provide analysis and primarily focus on
● Participate in design and implementation of state-of-the-art bioinformatics pipeline to
process all forms of DNA sequence data (target genes, shotgun metagenomics, microarray)
to enhances company mission (Bioinformatics specific).
● Implement Python-based computational pipelines for DNA sequence analysis, incorporating
open-sourced tools (e.g. QIIME, SourceTracker, Emperor, Scikit-learn, Scikit-bio, PICRUSt,
etc.) to deliver customer projects.
● Execute procedures for data storage, organization, and computation that optimize analysis
turnaround time and increasingly leverage the strength of our proprietary Subsurface
DNA Database, working towards a ‘turn-key’ computational pipeline implementation.
● Provide guidance in the development of current and future intellectual property and
participate in top-tier research activities at the intersection of genomics and subsurface