The ideal candidate will have strong practical knowledge of molecular biology techniques spanning genetics, biochemistry & microbiology disciplines.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Experience and demonstrated excellence at the bench conducting research and development in a team and structured program environment.
- Demonstrated experience with:
- Genetic manipulation of Prokaryotic and Eukaryotic strains
- Small scale cultivation of strains including media preparation and culture maintenance
- Modern synthetic biology (DNA assembly, nucleic acid purification and manipulation, cloning, DNA sequencing, PCR, etc).
- Basic molecular biology techniques (PCR, SDS-page, gene cloning, DNA sequencing, RNA isolation, Western Blotting, etc)
- Under general direction of senior staff, has responsibility for execution of multiple experiments in support of project goals and timelines.
- Innovative mindset with strong troubleshooting skills.
- Generate detailed and complete notebook and communicate data to group in written and oral reports
- Interact effectively within a multidisciplinary team
- Requires a bachelors or Masters degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Microbiology or a related field with a minimum of 2-5 years of experience in industry or an academic lab.
- Experience with microbial molecular biology (i.e. transformation, clone selection, evaluation).
- Experience with systematic execution of high-throughput/ high-dimensional experiments such as library construction and screening as part of protein engineering work flows is desirable.
- Practical knowledge of genome engineering tools, including CRISPR-cas9, is highly desirable.
- Proven ability to budget time and manage several distinct experiments at once
- Eagerness to develop, learn and adopt new methods