BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for San Diego's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a Scientist I to work for a leading San Diego biotechnology company.
We are seeking an experienced Scientific Associate to join our Antibody Therapeutics group. Primary responsibilities will consist of designing and executing experiments to support recombinant protein production for pre-clinical drug discovery programs. Additionally, the candidate will be knowledgeable and experienced in recombinant DNA technologies, mammalian cell culture, mammalian protein expression and characterization, and in vitro assay development.
- BSc. or equivalent in molecular biology, biochemistry, protein sciences, protein engineering or related discipline with 2+ years post experience in an academic or industrial setting.
- Molecular Biology skills
- Excellent molecular biology skills and experience with mammalian tissue culture, assay development, and protein characterization.
- Proficient with various relevant software packages such as Excel, Spotfire, Prism, Vector NTI, and FloJo.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently on projects, exhibit flexibility to learn new techniques and change directions, and demonstrate the desire to present data and bring their own novel ideas and perspectives forward.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Experience in one or more of the following is helpful:
- Recombinant DNA technologies, PCR, RT-PCR, tissue culture, and assay development e.g. ELISA, ForteBio Octet, flow cytometry binding, cell-based assays.