Animal Care Tech I
BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for San Diego's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a Animal Care Tech to work for a leading San Diego biotechnology company.
Animal Care Tech I
- Review, comprehend and comply with all SOP's and quality assurance standards pertaining to specific area.
- Monitor daily animal health and welfare while performing daily animal health observations, animal husbandry duties to maintain quality and health of research animals, to include: perform daily water bottle /automatic water line and cage checks; provide appropriate food and water; perform cage changing and/or cage cleaning as required; record animal health concerns per SOP and/or specified protocols.
- Ear tag each rodent delivered to the facility for investigative use based on facility SOPs.
- Assist with restraint, handling and manipulation of mice and rats as assigned by the on-site Supervisor.
- Disposes of animal carcasses following established procedures.
- Strictly follow all procedures necessary to maintain animal housing areas including room or facility personnel entry; personnel protective equipment use, spraying in all equipment and materials into controlled areas.
- Receive, inspect and put away incoming animals; ensure and provide for sentinel animals in each rodent housing area.
- Operate equipment and use supplies according to safety guidelines; perform general housekeeping and adhere to safety procedures.
- Maintain required attendance level and adherence to work schedule in accordance with required staffing levels in order to ensure that assigned duties are completed.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- One (1) year or more of animal care and handling in a laboratory or similar environment preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- AALAS certification at the Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician level (ALAT) preferred.