BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for San Diego's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a Histotechnologist to work for a leading San Diego biotechnology company.
This position will serve as part of the Laboratory Operations and be responsible for microtome sectioning, slide staining, and cover slipping formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue samples.
- Sectioning of tissues samples for microscopic examination using a microtome.
- Re-embedding of tissue blocks as needed.
- Operation and usage of automated slide stainer.
- Examination of H&E slides to ensure tissue sectioning meets laboratory requirements.
- Maintains laboratory equipment such as slide stainer and microtomes.
- Receives and properly identifies samples and associated paperwork.
- Performs daily inventory or maintenance activities in the histology department, maintaining a clean and well-organized workspace.
- Troubleshoots general problems including missing or conflicting identifier.
- Clerical and administrative functions within the laboratory operation, including documentation to maintain compliance with state, CLIA, and CAP requirements.
- Works with client services department to quickly resolve discrepancies.
- Works well in a cross-functional team environment with meticulous attention to detail, strong data entry skills, excellent communication skills, and strong organizational skills
- Be a self-starter in resolving discrepancies and proactively improving operational efficiencies.
- Focuses on quality of patient testing.
- Focuses on maintaining fast turn-around times.
- HT, HTL (ASCP) certification required
- At least 5 years of laboratory experience (preferably industry) required
- B.A.,B.S. degree in a biological science, preferred but not required
- Experience in tumor identification in patient tissue
- Expertise in histological techniques, including tissue processing, embedding, microtome sectioning, and histology staining; as well as know-how of light microscopy, microscope imaging and quantitative histological techniques
- Highly organized, ability to work independently, follow standard operation procedures