BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for San Diego's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a Cytotechnologist to work for a leading San Diego biotechnology company.
- Laser Capture Microdissection of patient slides under supervision of a pathologist.
- Receives and properly identifies samples and associated paperwork.
- Performs daily inventory or maintenance activities in the histology department, maintaining a clean and well-organized workspace.
- Properly tracks samples and subsequent slides into laboratory information system and processes specimens following standard protocols.
- Troubleshoots general problems including missing or conflicting identifier.
- Clerical and administrative functions within the laboratory operation, including documentation to maintain compliance with state, CLIA, and CAP requirements.
- Works with client services department to quickly resolve discrepancies.
- Works well in a cross-functional team environment with meticulous attention to detail, strong data entry skills, excellent communication skills, and strong organizational skills.
- Be a self-starter in resolving discrepancies and proactively improving operational efficiencies.
- Focuses on quality of patient testing.
- Focuses on maintaining fast turn-around times.
- Reports to VP Laboratory Operations
- Works closely with the Pathologists, Commercial Operations and Customer Service
- CA licensed Cytotechnologist
- Experience in tumor identification in patient tissue
- Highly organized, ability to work independently, follow standard operation procedures