BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for San Diego's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a Production Associate to work for a leading San Diego biotechnology company.
- Duties involving aseptic technique, transfection, bioreactor operation and single-use technologies.
- Operates and maintains production equipment with single-use materials as it relates to cell culture (Wave bioreactors, incubators, shakers, and cell separation equipment).
- Conducts activities in support of production schedules and objectives as directed by senior staff.
- Obtains and stock supplies as directed.
- Prepares media and stock solutions.
- Maintains records to comply with regulatory requirements and assist with in-process testing.
- Assists downstream in buffer prep and harvest operations.
- Perform manufacturing and process development activities for projects and products in collaboration with others.
- Provides training to new personnel in a specific technical process.
- Represents departmental activities as needed, including project teams, training, and evaluation of new technologies.
- AA/AS or BA/BS degree that included laboratory work in biology, microbiology, chemical engineering or related field.
- Basic knowledge of mammalian cell culture for production of biopharmaceuticals.
- Skill with aseptic technique, bioreactor operation and single-use technologies.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and to maintain accurate records and notes.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to successfully perform multiple tasks, when required.
- Skills in problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Ability to safely operate production equipment in accordance with established practices.