BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for San Diego's Scientific community. We are currently looking for an RA to work for a leading San Diego biotechnology company.
- Be a key member of the division that will support the execution of primary cell isolation and propagation and/or stem cell line derivation and differentiation.
- Contribute to the development of novel cellular assays.
- Set up and perform QRT-PCR reactions and immunocytochemical analysis.
- Responsible for timely documentation of laboratory work.
- Maintain knowledge of current cell biology literature.
- Accurately perform calculations necessary for laboratory work and analysis of experimental results.
- Responsible for performing basic troubleshooting.
- Evaluate data and provide succinct and clear reports that can be shared and transferred to and from cross-functional teams; responsible for clear communication in both written and oral forms.
- Pay attention to detail, strictly adhere to safety protocols, and use knowledge of basic laboratory procedures to advance projects under rapidly shifting priorities and timelines.
- B.S. in Cell Biology, Stem Cell science, Molecular Biology or related fields; M.S. preferred.
- 2-5 years’ experience with B.S., or 0-2 years post M.S.; relevant industry experience preferred.
- Broad experience in mammalian cell culture techniques.
- Proficient in basic molecular biology techniques (QRT-PCR, cell based assays etc.)
- Hands-on experience with microscopy, fluorescent assays, and related instrumentation.
- Experience with primary cell or stem cell (ESC, iPSC) derivation, maintenance, and differentiation.
- Strong writing and experimental documentation skills.
- Experience using high-content, image-based software analysis systems is a plus.
- Experience in FACS is a plus.