Packaging Technician I
BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for Southern California's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a Packaging Technician I to work for a leading Orange County nutraceutical company.
Packaging Technician I
The Packaging Technician I is responsible for a variety of duties relating to the packing of manufactured products which include following packaging records and standard operating procedures. In addition, this position will be responsible for cleaning equipment and work areas, packaging and palletizing, labeling, in process inspection and other related packaging activities.
- Follow batch record, enter Oracle transactions and use proper documentation.
- Operate HMIs
- Operate, drive and work effectively on all packaging lines and fine tunes processes.
- Effectively operate packaging equipment
- Ensure all product and components required for daily production are in the appropriate staging area in a timely manner to ensure availability before production begins
- Ensure any remaining product/components are returned back to inventory once a project is completed
- Perform quality checks on labels and codes. If defects are found, notify Lead/Supervisor immediately. Change labels as needed
- Inspect finished product continually through process to identify defects
- Clean and maintain processing rooms and equipment
- Package finished product in boxes in a timely manner
- Follow established department cGMP’s, SOP’s and batch records
- Comply with all company policies and procedures including safety rules and regulations
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Up to 2 years’ experience in a fast paced packaging environment
- Experience working/participating in a team based environment
- Experienced in line changeovers
- Requires minimal supervision while performing tasks
- Ability to manually handle packaging product in a quick and timely manner
- Ability to apply basic math skills required to control inventory
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
- Comply with all safety rules and regulations
- Ability to understand, speak, read and write in the English language
- Basic computer skills