BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for Southern California's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a Research Associate to work for a leading Orange County Area medical device company.
- Assist in experimental design.
- Conduct complex, high-level scientific research activities.
- Interface with Principal Investigator to analyze experiments.
- Optimize experimental procedures.
- Read scientific literature pertaining to project and apply relevant findings to research project.
- Maintain laboratory notebook as an up-to-date detailed log of experiments and ongoing research efforts.
- Develop and write project protocols and methodology for developed research components.
- Technical support for incoming customer inquiries.
- Light manufacturing duties may include assembly of buffers for ZRC kits, aliquoting reagents, and performing quality control tests for our kits and products.
- Contribute and edit scientific content for newsletters, marketing efforts, and other related material.
- An MS degree or a BS with a minimum of two years of post-graduate laboratory experience in the life sciences or related field
- Experience performing molecular biology, biochemistry, and cell biology techniques, including PCR, qPCR, cloning, restriction digests, gel electrophoresis, nucleic acid purification etc.
- Experience with designing, executing, analyzing, and trouble laboratory experiments.
- A solid understanding of primer design, qPCR, and RT-PCR.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience in using next-generation sequencing