BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for Southern California's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a Director of Manufacturing Supervisor to work for a San Diego Area contract manufacturing company.
The primary responsibility of this position is to supervise manufacturing personnel and activities in the Manufacturing Department (includes Packaging activities).
- Reviews and complies with Standard Operating Procedures to cover critical steps, equipment set up procedures, equipment and area cleaning procedures, and equipment operating procedures
- Participates in revisions of SOPs, when required
- Maintains an adequate inventory of operational materials and miscellaneous supplies to support the manufacturing schedule
- Ensures that cGMPs and company procedures and policies are followed
- Schedules activities (i.e. batches, equipment maintenance) as required
- Oversees and supports employees on a daily basis
- Ensures proper training of employees and evaluates employee’s performance as necessary
- Coordinates and implements production plans; establishes or adjusts work assignments to meet production schedule
- Monitors the filling and packaging of products from start to finish
- Provides guidance to employees regarding the process
- Reviews in-process and/or finished Master Batch Record Folders (MBRs)
- Supports investigation of discrepancies, reconciliation problems, and packaging problems
- Works cross functionally with other manufacturing shifts, Quality and Management teams to ensure tasks are well planned for successful execution
- Mentoring, training, and performance of the Manufacturing Team as measured by Manufacturing Schedule and Departmental Compliance.
- This position has supervisory responsibilities over two or more employees and is responsible for direct report mentoring, training, and department performance.
- Knowledge of job-specific cGMPs and SOPs
- Understands compliance and non-compliance issues
- Minimum five years experience in specific area of manufacturing
- Requires at least 2-3 years of previous experience in a supervisory role and/or similar type of leadership role
- Excellent GMP compliance history
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences or 5-7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in providing support services/resources to complex manufacturing facilities for facilities upkeep requirement.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Understands the metric system. Ability to calculate figures, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word software.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee must be able to lift up to twenty-five pounds, has clear vision at 20 inches or less, and has ability to identify and distinguish colors.
The employee must pass an eye exam for visual inspection of product.
If interested, please contact Drew Stephens at (562)495-3200 x2 or send him a copy of your most updated resume at email@example.com. Please visit www.biophaseinc.com for additional jobs as well!!