BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for Southern California's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a Manufacturing Manager to work for a San Diego Area contract manufacturing company.
This position is responsible for managing manufacturing personnel, including scheduling, resources and training. The manager is responsible for ensuring compliance to ISO 13485, cGMP’s and company policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and manage the daily, weekly and monthly manufacturing goals.
- Ensure compliance to current SOP’s for the manufacturing facility.
- Participate in the development of safety goals and manage operations so that all company goals are met.
- Act as the Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP) administrator.
- Provide oversight to ensure adequate resources and priorities.
- Ensure facility is always regulatory inspection-ready.
- Reinforce quality practices throughout the department.
- Develop and maintain cGMP training requirements for staff.
- Maintain strong alliances with the Quality organization.
- Maximize production output and labor efficiency while meeting required safety and quality levels.
- Participate in the development of production, productivity, and financial goals and manage operations so that all site goals are met.
- Review and approve manufacturing documentation including MBR and SOPs. Review and support closure of manufacturing deviations and event reports.
- Manage the weekly production plans, and work order sequencing to optimize use of available capacity.
- Coordinate department level hiring and staffing plans.
- Complete all required training activities (i.e., safety, cGMPs, technical skills, processing operations, etc.).
- Ensure lessons learned or best practices are shared across the organization.
- Leverage knowledge to maximize organizational effectiveness.
- Foster an environment that encourages continuous learning.
- Manage the development and implementation of novel approaches to solving complex technical problems while maintaining required levels of safety, quality (including regulatory compliance), and production.
- Manage departmental spending against approved budgets.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment and follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Manufacturing Schedule and Departmental Compliance
This position has supervisory responsibilities over two or more supervisors and their employee’s in the Manufacturing and Packaging departments.
Manufacturing Schedule and Departmental Compliance
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university; or 2 - 5 years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word software.
- Aseptic filling
- Visual Inspection
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee must be able to lift up to twenty-five pounds, has clear vision at 20 inches or less, and has ability to identify and distinguish colors.
- The employee must pass an eye exam for visual inspection of product.
If interested, please contact Drew Stephens at (562)495-3200 x2 or send him a copy of your most updated resume at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please visit www.biophaseinc.com for additional jobs as well.