Scientist, T-Cell DevelopmentBioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for Southern California's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a Scientist, T-Cell Development to work for a leading Los Angeles County pharmaceutical company.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join Product Sciences in the early stage development group. This scientist will support efforts leading to the development of novel technologies and processes for cell therapy manufacturing.
Under minimal supervision, the successful candidate will be expected to perform experiments, organize and analyze results and communicate and present findings in team meetings. You will also be asked to perform other duties as required. In this role you will report to the Director of Early Stage Development.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, optimize and establish an in house engineered T cell production process using viral and non-viral vector platforms;
- Optimize T cell isolation, enrichment, activation, transduction, expansion and cryopreservation;
- Optimize media and culture conditions, phenotype engineered T cells;
- Evaluate new technologies for engineered T cell manufacturing;
- Develop analytical methods to improve process efficiency;
- Analyze and present scientific results; document study results for enabling clinical studies;
- Organize and prioritize work to meet timelines;
- Work independently.
- Work with a cross-functional product sciences team to advance the development of autologous T cell therapy products
- Other duties as assigned
- Ph.D. degree in cellular biology, virology, immunology or a closely related field with 0-5 years of relevant training or industry experience preferred
- Expertise in cell culture process development, preferably in cell therapy
- Familiar with blood processing, cell technologies and cell process automation
- Experience with T cell product generation, preferably chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) based or TCR-engineered T-cells
- Experience with flow cytometry and T cell phenotyping
- Hands-on expertise with tissue culture of cell lines and primary cells