BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for Southern California's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a CMM Inspector to work for a leading Greater Los Angeles Area aerospace company.
1st and 2nd shifts available
- Candidate will be responsible to work in a cross functional environment utilizing PC-DMIS programming skills as applied to an Articulating Romer ARM and DCC CMM's.
- Candidate will also be responsible to perform precision inspection verifications on mechanical parts, components, assemblies and materials. May include but is not limited to first article parts, in-process and final inspection on assemblies, and materials for workmanship and conformance to specifications / drawings.
- Candidate will utilize inspection equipment such as micrometers, gauge blocks, dial indicators, height gauges, optical comparators, profilometers, and CMM’s.
- Approves or rejects items and documents inspection results as required.
- Communicates with internal customers as required to resolve inspection, engineering and manufacturing challenges.
- High School Diploma or GED; AA Degree is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of in-process and final inspection experience.
- Must have PC-DMIS experience using direct CAD models.
- Minimum 3 years recent CMM inspection.
- SO 9001 / AS9100 experience a plus.
- Romer Arm experience is preferred but it is not required with sufficient PC-DMIS skills.
- Understanding of process control experience is a plus.
- Requires the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specification using ASME Y14.5.
- Experience with GD&T and skillful use of metrology tools and gages required.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)