BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for Southern California's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a Facilities/Plant Engineer to work for a leading Orange County Area pharmaceutical company.
- Lead technical discussions/supports the specification, acquisition, installation, operation, troubleshooting, maintenance, and improvement of manufacturing. Supports the specification, acquisition and installation of equipment.
- Estimate and track project schedules, monitoring and correcting as necessary.
- Maintain a high commitment to quality, thoroughness and efficiency in all work aspects and meet all project deadlines/due dates.
- Act as lead contact person for organizing and coordinating equipment project activities.
- Supervise facility contractor’s activities as needed
- Managing capital appropriation for assigned projects. Preparing cost/benefit analysis to justify and support project approvals/spending. Tracking budget, actual spending, commitments, and forecasts.
- Lead technical discussions/support in the specification, acquisition, installation, operation, troubleshooting, maintenance, and improvement of manufacturing equipment to include facilitating disposal of obsolete equipment.
- Interface with and manage vendors and suppliers for cost effectiveness.
- Strong sense of urgency and an organized, customer driven approach. Observe and follow all quality, environmental, health and safety procedures.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related field
- 3+ years of plant engineering/maintenance experience
- 2+ years of experience in the food manufacturing industry
- Project Management and Capital Projects experience
- Experience managing multiple projects from the evaluation through implementation stages.
- Experience with OSHA, Cal-OSHA Standards and Safety methods
- Knowledge of engineering principles, design theory, maintenance systems, wastewater procedures, process methodology, sanitation practices, regulatory standards, energy systems and design.
- Comprehension of complex process and facilities problems, apply creativity and drive towards problem resolution.
- Automation experience is a plus.