BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for Southern California's Scientific community. We are currently looking for an Sourcing Specialist to work for a leading Orange County Biotechnology company.
We are seeking a Sourcing Specialist to be responsible for the management and execution of the strategic sourcing program within Irvine Scientific (IS) for different source categories to include, but not limited to, spend management, vendor compliance, contracts, RFI/RFP/RFQ, vendor prospect analysis, supplier selection, Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), and network optimization.
- Execute sourcing activities for all sourcing categories with goal of establishing fundamental sourcing documentation and programs to improve cost and reduce risk in the Supply Chain.
- Influence suppliers’ processes and policies in ways that are mutually beneficial and sustainable for both organizations.
- Renegotiate, renew and discontinue supplier contracts and confidentiality agreement
- Implement supplier agreements/contracts by working with cross-functional stakeholders and suppliers to reach agreement on contract terms and conditions.
- Handles sourcing activities for both direct and indirect suppliers.
- Assist in developing and execution of proper sourcing program for material and service acquisition to reduce Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Document and track all potential suppliers and handle all follow up calls and supplier rating.
- Utilizing the supplier risk matrix, actively engage in supplier identification and due diligence utilizing sourcing approach, services, and technologies.
- Participate in Change Notification analysis and approach with Buyers.
- Perform supplier spend analysis and sourcing categorization.
- Collaborate with Buyers to improve on existing Supplier Scorecard Process.
- Participate in Supplier Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR).
- Develop and utilize RFI/RFP/RFQ documents & run D&B reports of selected suppliers.
- Manages Supplier/Vendor information in Jeeves.
- Support R&D with early source selection and partner with stakeholders from commercial sales and marketing, planning, engineering, and manufacturing.
- BS/BA in business or equivalent; APICS certification desirable.
- 3 to 5 years of sourcing experience in a cGMP and FDA regulated environment
- 2 to 4 years of sourcing experience in the Bio-Technology space.
- 3+ years of experience using MRP and ERP systems.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Projects, Visio, and Outlook.
- Full understanding of sourcing and purchasing industry policies and procedures.
- Ability to speak and read English. Good oral and written communication skills.
If interested, please contact Drew Stephens at (562)495-3200 x2 or send him a copy of your most updated resume at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please visit www.biophaseinc.com for additional jobs as well.