Sr. Finance Manager
BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for Southern California's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a Sr. Finance Manager to work for a North Orange County Area biopharmaceutical company.
Sr. Finance Manager
- Manage the Budget preparation process from schedule planning to the final presentation. Work with others at the site to assign roles and responsibilities.
- Manage the annual standard cost development process. Analyze the actual costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs. Provide cost information for updating PeopleSoft/ERPLx and Share Point.
- Manage physical inventory cycle count and support audit requests when necessary.
- Coordinate the monthly closing with accounting team monthly insuring correct results with minimal adjustments; Generate general ledger entries; Prepare monthly financial reporting (CIP, PPV) and balance sheet reconciliations (inventory, liabilities); Provide information for weekly flash reports; Prepare additional analysis as required to explain and summarize financial activity.
- Ensure that proper financial controls exist in Inventory, Financial Reporting, Fixed Assets, and Requisition to Payment. Ensure that all tasks are performed in compliance with internal controls and the Code of Ethics.
- Partner with others in-house sites to evaluate business decisions and to insure financial objectives are met. Drive and support efforts to reduce costs and increase efficiencies. Assist co-workers with day-to day activities as it relates to financial transactions and outcomes.
- Maintain cost accounting system. Make enhancements to financial systems as business needs change to support our internal customers. Provide support as required for system implementations and upgrades.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA, CMA, or MBA preferred.
- 5 + years’ work experience in a related job or company; Prior experience in Manufacturing Cost Accounting.
- Prior experience with BPCS/ERPLx and PeopleSoft or similar software systems.
- Demonstrated analytical proficiency; Posses the ability to understand and correlate complex business issues into simple cause and effect explanations.
- Excellent formal and informal written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to be held accountable for producing accurate information and to perform tasks by the highest ethical standards.
- Expert command of standard MS Office Applications – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Must have the ability to work around laboratories, manufacturing areas and equipment, and regularly lift 10 – 20 lbs.
If interested, please contact Gavin Lee at (562)495-3200 x4 or send him a copy of your most updated resume at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please visit www.biophaseinc.com for additional jobs as well.