Microbiology Associate Scientist
BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for Southern California's Scientific community. We are currently looking for an Assistant/Associate Scientist to work for a leading Los Angeles County Area Nutraceutical company.
Assistant /Associate Scientist
- Preparation of fermentation medium, buffer solutions, consumable materials, etc as needed to support experiment execution.
- Execution of lab or pilot-scale bioreactors using various scale fermentation platforms (250ml to 150 L)
- Evaluation of microbial starter culture system for probiotics fermentation
- Study microbial metabolic and functional properties relevant to optimal starter culture performance
- Work hands on with bioreactors and related lab instruments and utilize technical knowledge and skills to make detailed observations and analyze data to ensure within operating parameters.
- Utilizing technical knowledge to identify, troubleshoot, and assist with resolution of process problems and will have the understanding between metabolism and fermentation processes
- Stays informed with current literature and new technology
- Documenting experiment execution using lab notebook, batch record, and or /protocols
- Organizing technical data and provide oral presentations or technical reports to communicate results as required
- Prioritizing and organizing work to meet project deadlines and support team goals
- Experience with operating and monitoring of bio-reactors/ fermentation equipment, centrifugation , lyophilizer and performing sterile plating techniques including some routine lab work
- Experience with probiotics e.g lactic acid bacteria/ starter culture technology preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as strong basic computer skills
- Consistent , dependable and accurate in carrying out responsibilities working with mutual cooperation and good relationship is important
Basic Minimum Qualification:
- Bachelor's degree in Microbiology, Biotechnological sciences or related discipline with an emphasis in fermentation and microbial physiology. Master's degree is a plus. Industrial experience for 1-5 years is preferred.
If interested, please contact Drew Stephens at (562)495-3200 x2 or send him a copy of your most updated resume at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please visit www.biophaseinc.com for additional jobs as well.