Senior Associate Scientist
BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for San Diego's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a Senior Associate Scientist to work for a leading San Diego biotechnology company.
Senior Associate Scientist
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Associate Scientist with experience in immunology and immuno-oncology-based assays to participate in drug discovery research with a particular focus on protein homeostasis as it applies to the Immuno-Oncology field. Emphasis will be in primary human immune cell biology assay development in the context of tumor microenviornment. The successful candidate will work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary environment to design and execute in vitro studies to further our understanding of the immunomodulatory effects of our novel compounds. Responsibilities will also include development of primary cell and cell-line based co-culture assays to support target validation, mechanism of action, and biomarker selection. Experience with developing high-throughput screening assays a plus. The responsibilities further include routine profiling of novel compounds in cell-based assays across several research programs. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work closely with discovery project teams and scientists across all functional areas and to present his or her work at project team meetings and to the senior research leadership.
- Plan and execute scientific experiments
- Analyze and interpret scientific data
- Isolation of human primary cell populations
- Maintain primary and cancer cell lines and conduct routine cell culture tasks
- Conduct various routine cell based assays to characterize drug compounds
- Accurately maintain written reports and organize data
- Present data in team meetings
- Review current literature pertaining to relevant projects
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline with at least 8 years industry experience or Master’s degree with at least 5 years industry experience.
- Practical experience in, and a solid understanding of basic cell biology, immunology/immune-oncology, and assay development.
- Extensive experience with mammalian cell culture (primary cells and cell lines) using single cells and co-culture cell models. Experience using single compound treatment and combination treatment studies is essential.
- Expertise with a variety of cell-based assay technologies including antibody-based detection methods (e.g. Western, ELISA, immunoprecipitation), cell imaging (immunofluorescence, Incucyte, Cellomics), cell phenotyping technologies (e.g., flow cytometry) and functional assays such as cell cycle and apoptosis
- Experience with molecular biology techniques such as RNAi and/or CRISPR, RT-PCR, and lenti-viral work is a plus.
- Experience with the use automation instruments is a plus.
- Excellent communication, presentation, collaboration and organizational skills are required as well as the ability to independently design, execute, and trouble-shoot experiments through completion.
- Data analysis skills and experience with a variety of scientific software applications are required.
- The successful candidate will be an ambitious self-starter, be motivated to apply his/her skills to meet diverse project needs, and enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic team environment.