BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for San Diego's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a Scientist II to work for a leading San Diego biotechnology company.
This position will join the Analytical Research & Development group. The scientist will contribute across a broad spectrum of critical areas, including discovery research, lead compound selection, IND-enabling studies and preclinical development of monoclonal antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and other biologics.
- Formulation studies, process development, biochemical/biophysical characterization, analytical method establishment, and other CMC-related activities necessary to support IND filings.
- Developing downstream purification processes and robust analytical assays, writing tech transfer documents, and managing the transfer of these protocols and methods to GLP/GMP vendors.
- Perform and supervise in-process testing of intermediates during process development and scale-up prior to GMP manufacturing.
- Designing, supervising, performing and troubleshooting complex analytical and formulation issues that occur during research and development of monoclonal antibody, ADCs and other biologics.
- May require supervision of junior RAs
- Ph.D. in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, or other relevant discipline, with 3-5 years of industry experience.
- A strong background of scientific principles and concepts, and must have hands-on expertise in critical analysis of complex data and the ability to interpret and integrate experimental results with project objectives.
- Extensive experience in therapeutic antibody research is essential; experience working with ADCs and previous MS experience or expertise is preferred.