BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for San Diego's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a Production Manager to work for a leading San Diego biotechnology company.
This position is responsible for all production activities including, but not limited to, raw material procurement, planning, scheduling, and execution of production. Working with the QA/QC analysts, this position will also ensure all production processes are documented and executed accurately according to ISO and ICH requirements. This position is located in Oceanside, CA.
- Negotiate with various suppliers for timely and cost-effective raw material procurement for each production.
- Maintain an inventory of all raw materials required for production.
- Plan, schedule and execute the production of loaded solid supports.
- Ensure production is cost effective, on time, and performed in compliance with established SOPs and other regulatory requirements.
- Complete manufacturing documentation per approved procedures and review for completeness and accuracy per established timelines.
- Be responsible for the selection and maintenance of all production equipment.
- Work with managers to implement the company's policies and goals and draft production-related SOPs as needed.
- Ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed.
- Act as qualified trainer for processes and equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or equivalent work experience.
- 1-3 years experience in chemical manufacturing under cGMP is required.
- Must have excellent and proven skills in planning, organizing, negotiating, and time-managing.
- Able to attend to detail and act decisively.
- Familiarity with all production equipment including (but not limited to) large scale reactor, stirrer, vacuum pumps, and vacuum oven.
- Skilled and experienced in managing several projects at once; track record of effectively moving projects forward and ensuring delivery on time and within budget.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, written, oral presentation, and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.