BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for San Diego's Scientific community. We are currently looking for an Organic Chemist to work for a leading San Diego biotechnology company.
We are seeking highly motivated, talented, and energetic chemists to join our fast-paced discovery research chemistry group.
- Perform organic synthesis of drug candidates and conduct analysis on the synthetic molecules
- Demonstrate strong synthetic chemistry expertise, use latest scientific advances and creative solutions to solve challenging synthetic issues.
- Independently design and synthesize drug molecules utilizing medicinal chemistry knowledge and an understanding of ADME, pharmacokinetics and optimal physicochemical properties.
- Manage the CMOs on the formulation and manufacturing processes
- Coordinate internal and external parties including consultants to lead the chemistry development
- Present data and reports on project status at individual, group, departmental and organizational meetings.
- Participate in establishing project goals, defining scientific strategies, and contribute to the generation of project related documents and presentations.
- PhD in organic or medicinal chemistry with 2 years of post-doctoral or industrial experience in synthetic organic chemistry/drug discovery.
- Demonstrated record of productivity in organic or medicinal chemistry research as evidenced by publications and/or patents.
- Passionate about hands-on organic synthesis with a broad knowledge of modern organic chemistry and synthetic methods including multi-step synthesis; in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with a wide range of techniques in synthesis, purification, and spectroscopic characterization of novel compounds (NMR, LC-MS, HPLC, etc.)
- Experience using the concepts and tools of structure-based drug design and chemical database searching.
- Highly collaborative, self-motivated, team-oriented individual, with good computer skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly integrated team environment where accuracy, accountability and timeliness.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.