Senior Research Associate / Scientist
BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for San Diego's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a Sr. RA/Scientist to work for a leading San Diego biotechnology company.
Senior Research Associate/ Scientist
We are hiring a Senior Research Associate or Scientist to help facilitate development and optimization of our platform technology, protein production, and new target development. The successful candidate will have a strong background in protein chemistry/biochemistry, molecular biology, bacterial genetics/microbiology, and be flexible and eager to multitask experiments within these disciplines.
- Modify and optimize methods, constructs, and bacterial physiological pathways to improve protein expression yields, folding, and quality
- Perform and optimize all steps of cloning, protein expression and purification, scale-up, and protein bioconjugation
- Evaluate and experimentally test novel platform components and bio-conjugation chemistries
- Develop standard operating procedures and document protocols
- Maintain a high standard of quality control including up-to-date data records for all protein deliveries
- Troubleshoot challenging technical, experimental, and instrumental issues
- Bachelors, Masters or Ph.D. in chemistry, biochemistry, or related field, and 4+ years of hands-on experience with recombinant protein production and protein chemistry
- Experience using E. coli for protein expression.
- Experience in downstream process development
- Expertise using AKTA chromatography systems
- Chromatography by affinity, IEX, and SEC. HPLC peptide analysis and purification is a plus
- Experience in protein characterization (SDS PAGE, Western Blotting, quantification).
- Strong technical proficiency with molecular biology methods
- Regular activities require ability to communicate effectively and rapidly reprioritize to match dynamic and demanding timelines
- Consummate ability to work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, cross-functional environment, with strong oral and written communication skills