BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for San Diego's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a Research Associate to work for a leading San Diego biotechnology company.
- Analysis and purification of a range of samples using an array of HPLC/MS instrumentation in the time-frame that is needed to provide results to the project.
- Perform high throughput purification of small molecule libraries.
- Perform HPLC method development independently.
- Troubleshoot and maintain HPLC, HPLC/MS, UPLC/MS, and other analytical instrumentations routinely.
- Assist at building new laboratory informatics tools.
- Will be expected to prepare and complete organized and clear data reports for project teams.
- Will be working in a multi-disciplinary and fast-paced environment.
- Minimum 4 years of expertise in the field separation sciences with emphasis on analytical and preparative HPLC, HPLC/MS technique.
- Extensive experience in HPLC and Mass Spectroscopy method development.
- Working knowledge of modern analytical and purification methods.
- Experience with small molecule, regio- and diastereomer separation and purification.
- Strong knowledge of troubleshooting HPLC, HPLC/MS, UPLC/MS, and other analytical instruments.
- Experience with chiral chromatography and high-throughput assays are a plus.
- High level computer skills required.
- Expertise with analytical instrumentation is required (Waters, Agilent and Shimadzu analytical and preparative HPLC and HPLC /MS, Tecan, Genevac).
- Familiarity with MassLynx, OpenLynx, Chemstation, and LC Solution is desired.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills is desired. In addition, we are looking for a scientist with a positive attitude with excellent collaborative and Team-oriented skills.
- Be able to manage and deliver on several project deadlines concurrently.
- BS in chemistry or analytical chemistry is required with a minimum 4 years of analytical laboratory experience in the industrial setting.