BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for San Diego's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a Research Associate to work for a leading San Diego biotechnology company.
We are currently seeking a talented and motivated candidate that will be a key member of the molecular biology team. The candidate will develop and perform novel assays to guide highly-sensitive detection strategies in transgene clearance and bio-distribution/persistence studies. The candidate will be a key contributor to integrated and multidisciplinary teams solving complex problems while paving the way for the precision development of cell-based immunotherapies in oncology and autoimmune diseases.
- Successful development and execution of aspects of the molecular laboratory clinical assay processes, including, but not limited to:
- Careful and persistent use of aseptic technique
- RT-qPCR and qPCR
- DNA/RNA extraction (variable techniques)
- All quality control, including nucleic acid quantification and qualification
- Perform experiments in the laboratory with proficiency and competency under general guidance from direct supervisor
- Develop experimental plans and successfully execute on timelines to meet program and corporate research objectives
- Document experimental progress in laboratory notebooks
- Assess information to ensure data sufficiency and completeness of experimental results
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in molecular biology or related discipline with 2+ years’ experience in a laboratory.
- Demonstrated success with careful and persistent use of aseptic technique
- Knowledge of standard molecular biology techniques (plasmid design, DNA/RNA isolation, etc.) and PCR detection technologies (qPCR, RT-qPCR, digital PCR, ddPCR, etc.)
- Experience in working with cGMP compliant/quality controlled procedures is preferred
- Demonstrated success in leading and working in a cross-functional team environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and will present project updates in a group environment