BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for San Diego's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a Research Associate to work for a leading San Diego biotechnology company.
We are seeking a highly motivated, talented chemist to join our fast-paced discovery research chemistry group.
- Perform organic synthesis of drug candidates and conduct analysis on the synthetic molecules
- Demonstrate strong synthetic chemistry expertise, use latest scientific advances and creative solutions to solve challenging synthetic issues.
- Present data and reports on project status at the individual, group, departmental and organizational meetings.
- Participate in establishing project goals, defining scientific strategies, and contribute to the generation of project related documents and presentations
- MS in organic or medicinal chemistry with 0-3 years of industrial experience in synthetic organic chemistry/drug discovery
- Demonstrate a record of productivity in organic or medicinal chemistry research as evidenced by publications and/or patents.
- Passionate about hands-on organic synthesis with a broad knowledge of modern organic chemistry and synthetic methods including multi-step synthesis; in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with a wide range of techniques in synthesis, purification, and spectroscopic characterization of novel compounds (NMR, LC-MS, HPLC, etc.).
- Experience using the concepts and tools of structure-based drug design and chemical database searching.
- Highly collaborative, self-motivated, team-oriented individual, with good computer skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly integrated team environment where accuracy, accountability, and timeliness are essential.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.