Downstream Process Development Engineer
BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for California's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a Downstream Processing Engineer to work for a leading Bay Area biotechnology company.
Downstream Processing Engineer
Develop downstream recovery and purification processes.
- Hands-on development of novel process with the downstream process team
- Design and execute lab-scale downstream process experiments, analyze composition of process materials, compile process performance data, generate technical reports, and share progress during weekly meetings
- Coordinate pilot-scale experiments at external sites, as needed
- Transfer new processes to external manufacturing facilities, troubleshoot process scale-up issues
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop high-performing integrated production processes
- BS or higher degree in Chemical Engineering or related discipline
- 3+ years of chemical or biochemical process development experience, including scale up to pilot and/or large-scale manufacturing
- Downstream process development for the recovery and purification of fermented products; development of recovery and purification unit operations
- Experience optimizing manufacturing processes
- Statistical data analysis
- Use of analytical techniques for compositional analysis