Scientist, CRISPR Development (East Bay)
BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for California's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a Scientist to work for a leading Bay Area biotechnology company.
Scientist, CRISPR Development
This position is for a distinctive Scientist to develop CRISPR/Cas9-based technology for high-throughput engineering of microbial genomes. The Scientist will invent new technologies, bring in cutting edge protocols described in the literature, and extend existing protocols to provide newer and better workflows to our microbe engineering.
- Develop CRISPR/Cas9-based technology for editing and/or manipulating microbial genomes
- Optimize CRISPR/Cas9-based technology for genome engineering and deploying the technology into our high-throughput microbe engineering Factory
- Identify and develop the next generation techniques for DNA assembly, microbe transformation, and genome editing.
- PhD in molecular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, or related fields preferred.
- Proven history of successfully developing CRISPR/Cas9-based technologies in the field of molecular biology for genome engineering
- Track record of creativity and problem solving in a variety of fields.
- Expertise handling and engineering eukaryotic and/or prokaryotic microbes.
- Understanding of genetics and gene regulation for a variety of eukaryotic and prokaryotic microbes.
- Proficiency with techniques to build DNA assemblies, transform microbes and edit microbial genomes.
- Proficient in laboratory automation (Agilent, Tecan, Beckman, and others)
- Proven track record of regularly using statistics to strengthen experimental design and enable robust data analysis
- Success in tech transfer of materials and processes (e.g. to our Factory teams).