Scientist - Synthetic Biology (East Bay)
BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for California's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a Scientist to work for a leading Bay Area biotechnology company.
Scientist - Synthetic Biology
We are recruiting Scientists for our client located in the East Bay. These positions are focused on development of high-throughput microbial strain culturing and synthetic biology.
- Developing tools and techniques for the genetic engineering of various microbes, including those used for industrial production
- Using knowledge of microbial metabolism and phenotypic analysis data to select a broad array of targets for strain improvement
- Guiding the development and implementation of molecular biology tools for an automated, high-throughput strain engineering platform
- Developing plate models for non-standard microbes that align to growth and production data from large scale bioreactors
- Candidates must be collaborative in working with cross-functional teams, and expert in planning and execution of experiments to new projects.
- PhD with post-doc experience in biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or chemistry, with strong track record and reference in design work.
- Skills and techniques in some of the following areas of molecular and cell biology, biochemistry: Building large DNA assemblies from a library of DNA parts, expertise using a variety of DNA transformation techniques into both eukaryotes and prokaryotes, skill with standard methodologies to isolate and purify proteins and characterize activities.
- Cell Biology and Physiology: microbial physiology for a variety of host microbes, including eukaryotes and prokaryotes
- Cellular metabolism including the ability to generate ideas for engineering new phenotypes into host microbes
- Understanding of processes associated with target molecule production, including energy usage, product transport, impact on growth and health, etc.
- Target molecule production and detection
- Success developing aerobic and anaerobic plate models to mimic at scale production
- Experience using a variety of fluorescence, spectroscopic, and chromatographic measurement techniques to detect target molecules
- Familiarity with a variety of bioreactor operation modes (batch, fed batch, continuous) including ability to run them using bench scale equipment
- Advanced Tools: Adept at utilizing automation to assist with complicated or lengthy workflows, capable of developing software scripts to assist designing experiments and processing data, competent in using statistics to strengthen experimental design and enable robust data analysis
**In order to streamline our process we ask you to please submit your resume in MS Word format. This will improve our turnaround time and our ability to better service you.