Research Associate, DevelopmentBioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for California's Scientific community. We are currently looking for Research Associates to work in Development for a leading Bay Area biotechnology company.
Research Associate, Development
The Research Associate will work in a team environment to develop protocols for high-throughput microbial strain engineering, plate models for microbe growth and production, and then enable their use in high throughput workflows.
- Building DNA assemblies
- Using software tools for DNA analysis and design
- Transforming a variety of host microbes (bacteria, yeast, fungi), and culturing those host microbes in 96 well format
- Perform PCR, DNA and protein electrophoresis, western blotting, spectrophotometry, and other plate based assays to QC and test strains
- Using a broad range of analytical equipment for high-throughput sample analysis
- Preparing materials including media and buffers, managing experiment schedules, processing materials, and collecting, storing and analyzing data
- Using automation tools to increase experimental throughput
- Communicating experimental results to the project team
- BS with 4+ years of experience, or MS with 2+ years of experience.
- Experience should be in molecular biology, microbiology, bioengineering, biochemistry, or related discipline.
- Familiarity with techniques in molecular biology, including PCR, DNA assembly, DNA sequencing sample prep, microbe transformation (bacteria, yeast, filamentous fungi); with cell physiology in microtiter plate models and in bench-scale fermentation; and with assay such as HPLC, GC, plate-based enzymatic assays, or other optical measurements
- Experience using lab automation (Beckman, Tecan, etc.) to enable complicated or high-throughput protocols
- Proficiency in the use of analytical equipment such as plate readers, automated DNA electrophoresis systems, or flow cytometry
- Experience writing, optimizing, and following complicated SOPs
- Capability to manage multiple ongoing multiday workflows, including preparing reagents and materials, and managing implementation
- Familiarity with concepts in statistics, tools to analyze data such as Excel, JMP, or Spotfire