Biomaterials Production Technician
BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for California's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a Production Technician to work for a leading Bay Area biotechnology company.
Biomaterials Productions Technician
Produce biomaterials in compliance with established company and GMP procedures, and ensure products are of high quality.
- Manufacture biomaterials according to SOPs.
- Set up and operate all equipment in the department including, but not limited to: Mixers/reactors, pressure pots, Scales, and Hand Tools, with limited supervision. Handle chemicals and solvents.
- Provides sifting, packaging, extruding support as required.
- Monitor and adjust diverse processes to meet specific product specifications with limited supervision.
- Responsible for cleaning all reactors, pressure pots, drums and other ancillary equipment that are needed for the synthesis of Biomedical products.
- Keep detailed, accurate, and legible paper and computerized records of production activities following guidelines.
- Assist in the repair and preventative maintenance of manufacturing equipment.
- Assist the Production Chemist in managing the disposal of Hazardous Waste that is generated daily.
- Assist the Production Chemist in raw materials preparation, weighing and dispensing for the synthesis and making sure that the reactor and ancillary equipment are clean and ready for use.
- Adhere to Quality System procedures and the ISO 9001and/or ISO 13485 standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Direct Supervisor.
- HS Diploma and 1-2 years experience in manufacturing, such as pharmaceutical or medical production; chemical mixing and knowledge in handling and operating a variety of mechanical production equipment or basic industrial tools are preferred.
- Able to work swing shift