Research Associate, Genome Engineering
BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for California's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a Research Associate to work in genome engineering for a leading Bay Area biotechnology company.
The Research Associate will assist in the development of technologies for high throughput DNA assembly and engineering of microbial genomes.
We're looking for candidates who have a BS/MS, and 2+ years of experience that includes the following:
- Experience handling and engineering eukaryotic and/or prokaryotic microbes is a must
- Familiarity with techniques in molecular biology, including PCR, DNA cloning/assembly is a must
- Familiarity with utilizing CRISPR/Cas9-based technologies for genome engineering is preferred
- Experience using lab automation (Beckman, Tecan, etc.) to enable complicated or high-throughput protocols
- Proficiency in the use of analytical equipment such as plate readers, automated DNA electrophoresis systems
- Familiarity with concepts in statistics, tools to analyze data such as Excel, JMP, or Spotfire