BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for California's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a Fermentation Scientist to work for a leading Bay Area biotechnology company.
The Scientist will lead strain screening operations and process development efforts to develop and identify new products.
- Independently design, plan, and execute fermentation experiments to improve fermentation performance
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Supervise a research assistant to support experimental design and operations
- Prepare and present results, scientific findings, technical reports, and protocols
- Transfer fermentation processes to external sites
- Adjust procedures and troubleshoot scale-up, as needed
- PhD or MS degree in Chemical Engineering, or related discipline, and 2+ years of relevant industrial experience in fermentation
- Demonstrated technical proficiency, scientific creativity, and collaboration
- Strong organization skills and proven ability to manage details
- Experience working with various microorganisms is a plus
- Experience with pilot and commercial-scale fermentation operations, along with tech transfer