BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for California's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a Lab Assistant to work for a leading Bay Area biotechnology company.
Perform autoclave and glasswash, and general lab assistant duties including sample management in support of multiple projects.
- Complete daily pickups of bio-hazard waste and glassware from all laboratory areas.
- Follow procedures for appropriate and timely disposal of bio-hazard waste.
- Complete daily wash runs of glassware and plastics.
- Complete daily sterilizaiton runs of glassware.
- Complete quarterly rotation of bio-hazard waste buckets.
- Maintain appropriate documentation.
- General lab assistant duties
- Assist with maintenance of laboratory instruments.
- Assist with maintenance and supplies for the demo lab.
- Assist with preparation for experiments; i.e. labeling of tubes or other supply preparation.
- Assist with supply shipments as needed.
- Sample management
- Assist with sample related projects such as archive, disposal and/or consolidation.
- Assist with receipt of samples from ongoing and new, external and internal studies, log them into the database, examine for abnormalities, and over-label, store, dispose of, or distribute for testing as appropriate, as directed.
- Assist with maintaince of records related to such samples and archive as appropriate to ensure that GLP and cGCP standards are met.
- Assist in shipment of samples for analysis when appropriate.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- HS Diploma, Associates or Bachelors degree
- Min 1 year of relevant experience (in a regulated environment is preferred)
- Basic understanding of laboratory procedures and equipment
- Flexible; able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Good communication skills (encompasses verbal, written, interpersonal, listening).
- Time management (schedules, timelines, task prioritization).
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong customer focus and customer service orientation.