Clinical Lab Scientist, day shift!
BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for California's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a CLS to work for a leading Bay Area biotechnology company.
The Clinical Lab Scientist is responsible for the processing of clinical specimens, analysis, and recording of assay results. This CLS will perform the duties of a testing person under the supervision of the General Supervisor of the CLIA Laboratory.
SPECIFIC DUTIES, ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Perform molecular genetic testing on clinical specimens, including general sequencing and expression array analysis
- Follow the laboratory's standard operating procedures for specimen handling and processing, analysis, and recording of assay results
- Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies and document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed
- Perform all laboratory activities in accordance with the Quality Assurance Program
- Engage in training and competency assessment
- Perform proficiency testing for the clinical tests
- Follow the laboratory's established policies
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance, analysis, or reporting of assay results
- Document all corrective actions taken when assay systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications
- Attend and participate in the monthly quality assurance meetings
- Participate in activities associated with regulatory compliance and inspections
- Contribute to the safety of the laboratory operations
- Be accountable for customer satisfaction and the quality of the laboratory’s services
- Work cooperatively in a team environment supporting senior laboratory and management staff
- B.A, B.S., M.A. or M.S. in chemical, physical, biological science or medical technology from an accredited institution
- A current California State Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) license as a Clinical Genetics Molecular Biologist or Medical Technologist (Generalist)
- Minimum of two years clinical laboratory experience in molecular genetic testing