Associate Director, Target Discovery & Translational Research
BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for California's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a leader in translational research to work for a leading Bay Area biotechnology company.
Associate Director, Discovery & Translational Research
This position provides technical and strategic leadership to teams who will identify and develop new therapeutic targets.
- Collaborate to identify new targets, formulate a development strategy, and oversee project objectives.
- Provide leadership for development, implementation and data interpretation of an integrated translational research strategy for assigned program(s).
- Partner with internal scientists and external collaborators to design and execute translational research to discover and develop targets through early stage research, demonstration of proof-of-concept in an animal model, and through to completion of the pre-clinical safety and efficacy studies necessary to file an IND application.
- Participate in the design and implementation of assays required to support development activities and ensure the scientific quality of pharmacodynamic assay data
- Evaluate, and use new scientific tools for effective and thorough early stage research and pre-clinical programs.
- PhD with 10 years of relevant scientific experience. Other degree levels will be considered along with more years of related experience.
- 7+ years of experience in target discovery and development, and translational research in the areas of metabolic and/or neurodegenerative disease.
- Previous leadership experience.
- Experience in gene therapy is preferred.