BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for California's Scientific community. We are currently looking for an Environmental Monitor to work for a leading Bay Area biotechnology company.
Environmental Monitor / QC Technician
This position plays a lead role in environmental monitoring sampling, data analysis and investigations.
- Perform routine environmental monitoring of laboratory areas which include supplies, equipment, personnel, and facilities for adherence to quality specifications.
- Create EM sampling plans, and Microbial Risk Assessments for critical control areas.
- Own SOP creation, review, and training for Environmental Monitoring and related material.
- Communicate effectively and thoroughly to Quality management and stakeholders any test results or inspection findings to drive continuous improvements.
- Identify non-conformances and work cross-departmentally to develop appropriate root cause identification and effective corrective actions.
- Conduct all laboratory testing with accuracy per approved policies and procedures. Such testing includes: Water Sampling and Testing; Air and Particulates Monitoring; Surface Monitoring; Microbial Identification Techniques
- Keep accurate, complete, and legible records.
- Safely handle/use chemicals, biological agents, and waste. Potentially including hazardous materials. Read, understand, and maintain material safety data sheets.
- Conduct housekeeping and general duties as needed.
- Prepare laboratory reagents for testing as needed.
- Track and trend environmental information utilizing statistical modeling software and communicate data company wide.
- BS/MS with 5+ years of relevant experience (a min of 3 years in environmental monitoring)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.