Manufacturing Associate, Biotech
BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for California's Scientific community. We are currently looking for a Manufacturing Associate to work for a leading Bay Area biotechnology company.
Manufacturing Associate - 2nd Shift
Perform basic molecular biology techniques in a high throughput environment, as well as manufacture and analyze of a variety of custom gene products.
- Manufacture of high-quality custom gene products in a high throughput manufacturing lab according to established SOPs.
- Operation of robotic laboratory equipment (Hamiltons and similar systems) and traditional lab equipment (bioanalyzers, centrifuges, sealers, thermocyclers, spectrometers, HPLCs, Next Gen Sequencing etc.)
- Knowledge and use of traditional molecular biology processes and techniques
- Preparation of reagents and sub assemblies
- Maintaining thorough, accurate and detailed documentation
- Documentation, troubleshooting and addressing process deviations
- Packaging products
- Ability to work in an ISO, GMP, LEAN MFG environment and follow the lean manufacturing concepts
- AS/BS in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related discipline
- At least 1 year of relevant laboratory experience (In lieu of degree, will consider candidates with 4+ years of relevant laboratory experience)
- Familiarity or prior experience in a manufacturing environment
- Good written and verbal skills
- Attention to detail
- Quick learner
- Good computer skills including experience with Excel and Word, Jira or similar web-based programs
- Team based laboratory environment
- Working in controlled laboratory environment
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time while performing duties
- Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Must be able to work 2nd shift.