Associate Scientist, NGS
BioPhase Solutions specializes in recruiting top talented professionals for California's Scientific community. We are currently looking for an Associate Scientist to work for a leading Bay Area biotechnology company.
Associate Scientist, Next-Gen Sequencing
This position will oversee NGS operations, as well as develop and optimize methods for new applications.
- Manage NGS operations
- Track and process samples submitted for analysis.
- Identify technical issues and carry out troubleshooting activities.
- Develop and implement new sequencing methods and techniques, as needed.
- Collaborate with software development and bioinformatics teams.
- Serve as a technical resource for research staff.
- Evaluate data, prepare technical reports, and make scientific presentations.
- Interact with vendors and service providers.
- BS/MS in molecular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, chemical engineering or a related discipline.
- 3+ years experience with the following:
- molecular biology techniques, such as: PCR, gel electrophoresis, DNA quantification
- operation of Illumina next generation sequencing systems, to include troubleshooting; method development preferred
- Experience with automated instruments/liquid handling robotics is highly preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite.